Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goth Graveyard woes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Goth Graveyard woes Reply with quote

I am getting soooooo sick of rebuilding the Goth house every time I have to start a new game installation. In order to keep the grave yard working properly, you can just plop a house down on the lot. (Last time I tried it I had waiters and chefs coming out of the graves instead of ghosts)

Anyone know a work-around for dropping a house on the Goths and having the graves keep working?
bluesage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.

This FAM might help you. smile
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
But what I was really hoping for was a way to save the whole family and lot to use in different hoods.
What I finally did was to remake the house AGAIN in a clean vanilla Userdata1 then saved the whole neighborhood before messing with anything else. I *hope* this vanilla-ish family won't corrupt and I can simply import other families into copies of this neighborhood in order to keep the Goths decorated exactly as I like them where ever they happen to be.
Ghosts are a pain.
apathetic lizardman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That urn looks interesting. Is there any way I could acquire it?
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mars wrote:
Thanks!
I *hope* this vanilla-ish family won't corrupt and I can simply import other families into copies of this neighborhood in order to keep the Goths decorated exactly as I like them where ever they happen to be.
Ghosts are a pain.

It should since I am 99% sure the game assigns the ghost family members IDs on install, so they always have the same ones. They may have different ones for UL or CC installs, though. They must have character files somewhere though, right?

purplewowies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Deluxe install, the character files were the first ones in the first neighborhood folder (though the Newbies and the living Goths might've been before them). I haven't checked since I installed my expansions, though.
apathetic lizardman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
17mars wrote:
Thanks!
I *hope* this vanilla-ish family won't corrupt and I can simply import other families into copies of this neighborhood in order to keep the Goths decorated exactly as I like them where ever they happen to be.
Ghosts are a pain.

It should since I am 99% sure the game assigns the ghost family members IDs on install, so they always have the same ones. They may have different ones for UL or CC installs, though. They must have character files somewhere though, right?

All ghosts retain their character files. When a Sim dies all that happens is they are moved in with the "Default" family, their ghost flag is set to "1", and their id is assigned to a tombstone. All resurrection hacks do is reverse those three things: unset the ghost flag, move the Sim back in, and delete the tombstone.

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried copying my whole UserData1 with the remade Goth house to a new game and it worked. Then I remembered that I had custom themed skins in the game when the original neighborhood loaded the first time so now I know I'm going to have missing skin issues with townies.
Oh well. At least I've got those Goths settled.
I'll simply have to use Sim Enhancer and reclothe my Townies appropriately. I probably would have done that anyway. Who wants Maxis fashions?
bluesage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apathetic lizardman wrote:
That urn looks interesting. Is there any way I could acquire it?

Yep. smile

http://www.somesimthings.com/Appl/02Apl.htm
André

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, have you tried to kill NPCs with the Killer of SimBunker and then resurrect with the urn?
It's funny, the NPC is part of your family
laugh
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just imagining all the trouble killing an NPC could cause. surprise
Atuhk

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mz mars17,
seems to me that you have a special lot happening. i would embrace it if it were mine. chefs n waiters coming out of graves? did they service the customers? lmbo!! you have a unique situation. *pets your dysfunctional goths*.
Sita

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the whole lot and family on SimEchoes

http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1/maxis/homes/lot5/Goth/goth5.html

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
apathetic lizardman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
I am just imagining all the trouble killing an NPC could cause. surprise

Probably a lot. I think in TS1 all NPC's data is stored in the object files, like Mrs. Crumplebottom in TS2:NL, and I'm sure plenty of people are familiar with the game-wide corruption which can be caused if she is permanently altered in any way. Of course, TS2 is the game in the series most prone to corruption and brokenness. To play a neighbourhood for any significant length of time you pretty much need Pescado's hacks.

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a lot. I think in TS1 all NPC's data is stored in the object files, like Mrs. Crumplebottom in TS2:NL, and I'm sure plenty of people are familiar with the game-wide corruption which can be caused if she is permanently altered in any way.

Actually, the problem was that altering her altered the whole packages file, which corrupted it. The Sims .far files are contained differently, and I don't believe that they can be written to by the game.

Of course, TS2 is the game in the series most prone to corruption and brokenness.

Have you played TS3?

To play a neighbourhood for any significant length of time you pretty much need Pescado's hacks.

I manage to do it. I am apparently the only one who can manage to play my games without supposedly essential user modifications.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: