Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1925 Modern Eclectic Colonial Cottage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbbyCat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: 1925 Modern Eclectic Colonial Cottage Reply with quote

I've decided to start sharing pictures of the houses I've been building. Here is one of the first ones I completed:

You can view the rest of the pictures here: http://img24.imageshack.us/g/photo2ti.jpg/ (Be sure to select "oldest" in the right-hand corner, so you'll be viewing the images in order.)

You can also view the plan/house this was based on here: http://www.antiquehomestyle.com/plans/pacific/1925pacific/25pacific-258.htm

And, just as an FYI, so there isn't any trouble:

- I created most of the interior walls myself, and yes, I will share them at some point in the future.
- A few of the items I've used in this lot have been deemed "unavailable" by the community. I'll let you know if you try to request one of these things, just to save you potential embarrassment. wink
André

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty cool.
These roofs are so cool, I have not done any home with them, I think you inspired me to try anything.
biggrin
kthspian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you play or just build? Because that's a beautiful job, but I wonder whether it plays well? It looks like it might be too cramped for those picky Sims to navigate (they always need about three times as much space as a real human).

I'm glad you said most of the walls were custom, because I was incredibly jealous of the bathroom wall especially. You're building in about the same style that I prefer, but I've never attempted some of the architectural things you've done here- that front door, porch, chimney combo is gorgeous.

And the washing machine, where's that from?
AbbyCat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

André wrote:
It was pretty cool.
These roofs are so cool, I have not done any home with them, I think you inspired me to try anything.
biggrin

I'm glad I inspired you. biggrin Whenever I build a one-story home, I always try to use either the Sims Levittown or Poetica Place gable pieces--I rarely use any other gable sets, since the Sims Levittown and Poetica gables are the only ones I've seen so far that have corner pieces and therefore, are actually usable as roofs.

Of course, the often involves some minor "tweaking" of the original plan to get the gables to fit right, but the end result usually turns out great. smile

kthspian wrote:
Do you play or just build? Because that's a beautiful job, but I wonder whether it plays well? It looks like it might be too cramped for those picky Sims to navigate (they always need about three times as much space as a real human).

I also "play" as well, but mostly just to make screencaps for (fan)fiction. LOL.

These houses actually do play well, most of the time. I mean, I already have to build some of these houses larger than "scale," anyways, and because of the way I "play," I use "move_objects on" a lot, so I usually don't have "navigation" issues.

kthspian wrote:
I'm glad you said most of the walls were custom, because I was incredibly jealous of the bathroom wall especially. You're building in about the same style that I prefer, but I've never attempted some of the architectural things you've done here- that front door, porch, chimney combo is gorgeous.

Thanks for the compliments. blush I love building Sim houses that look like real houses, so as you can imagine, it can be a bit of a challenge, but the "payoff" is always great.

And, don't worry, my custom walls will be available, soon. wink

kthspian wrote:
And the washing machine, where's that from?

The washing machine was a gift Poetica gave to ShabbySim. You can find it here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Shabbysim/files/Gifts%20to%20me/
kthspian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I thought it looked like her work, but I didn't know where it might've come from.

My fiddly project of late is to build starter homes that actually look like they belong on their lots, so I've been fiddling with scale. A one bedroom starter house that might as well be an apartment looks silly on even the smallest of lots, but since I like to play, I also hate having rooms no Sim ever uses (utility rooms, linen closets etc). That stuff takes up the room when I make strictly build houses, but in play homes, it bugs me. So, you've inspired me!
lmac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is great! Thank you for sharing your creation with us! I love all the little details. The overview of the house is amazing! I would so live there!

Would you happen to know if the laundry basket next to the washing machine (that I just went and download :) thank you for the link) is still available? And if so where?
AbbyCat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmac wrote:
Oh this is great! Thank you for sharing your creation with us! I love all the little details. The overview of the house is amazing! I would so live there!

Would you happen to know if the laundry basket next to the washing machine (that I just went and download :) thank you for the link) is still available? And if so where?

Thanks for the compliments. smile

Big or small basket? The big laundry basket is from Dincer and is freely downloadable here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Dincer/downloads/details/category/sims1-objects-furnishing-decorative/title/provencial-cloth-basket/id/67403/

On the other hand, the small laundry basket is one of those items that has been deemed "unavailable" by the community. I'll give you more info in a PM.
lmac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least one of them is available. Thank you for the response. I just looked at your pics again. That home is sooooooooo nice! How long did it take you to put it together?
AbbyCat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmac wrote:
At least one of them is available. Thank you for the response. I just looked at your pics again. That home is sooooooooo nice! How long did it take you to put it together?

It took about 3 or 4 days--I have a lot of time on my hands. laugh
lmac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. That's awesome though. Npt sure how long it'll take me to get a super house made. In between work and school I find time to get my downloading in. Well when my boyfriend is studying or at work anyway. I'm trying to switch outta that mode though and start building. I'm so odd . . . feel like I can't really start playing until I have at least one 'perfect' house.
KyahCA

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a gorgeous house! You definitely have a talent in building houses. Any chance this house will be downloadable?
AbbyCat

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KyahCA wrote:
This is a gorgeous house! You definitely have a talent in building houses. Any chance this house will be downloadable?

Thank you.

None of my houses will be offered for download. Because of all of the bugs and glitches that I've frequently gotten from downloaded houses, I don't download houses anymore, and I'm never going to offer them for download. Sorry.

However, I can offer you the tools to help you recreate this house yourself if you like. smile
Gonewiththesim21

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the house is very lovely abby cate where did you get the tv and raido ?
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty pretty pretty! wub
I love the architectural details, and you decorated it very well, what a perfect little cottage, I really envy those sims! laugh even the detached shed is lovely!
may I reserve a room for myself? I'd be happy with the single bedroom too yes laugh

clap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here.
I was floored to see this!
The radiators, paneled doors, the kitchen! oh my, that kitchen! apron front sink! I had to leave the room while I settled down a moment. The tools shed put a big grin on my face.
Excellent work!!
clap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: