Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New kittens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: New kittens Reply with quote

Couldn't resist sharing a photo of my soon-to-come-home kittens. From left to right this is mum Kailash with a little red girl I plan to call Fleur and a little ruddy boy I plan to call Nigel. They should be able to come home with me in three weeks. Meanwhile I've been driving up to visit them in their Coquitlam B.C. home every couple of weeks for the last two months. I haven't had a kitten in many years so it's rather exciting. I do miss my elderly lady cat who died a few months ago. I haven't been cat-less in so long that it is quite miserable.
The breed is Abyssinian in case anyone wondered. I've always had Abyssinians but it is not always easy to find an ethical breeder. I got very lucky to find an ideal one relatively close to home!

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another. To the left, brother Dallas (promised to someone else) is cautious around the exuberant play of my Fleury and Nigel (to the right). My two are definitely large and lively!

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last brag photo- here's a picture the breeder took of the whole litter a couple weeks ago. Mine are the ones with their eyes looking into the camera.

bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic #1 Kangaroo Genes? laugh
hjaxon1701

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought Abyssinians were one of the most beautiful cat breeds. Something about the color of their coats and those massive ears makes me squeal. Your new little ones are adorable!! I hope we get to see more brag photos once Fleur and Nigel come home? Pretty please? angel
-Matthew Arnold-
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet little babies!!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, all! As I don't have children, this is giving me a mommy-moment.
Here's another of my two taken by a photographer friend of the breeder a couple weeks ago.
I also love the Aby coats-short sleek attractive and little grooming required. Fleury will be my first red. I've always had ruddys like Nigel.
Funny how the breed has changed though-not that I'm complaining! They're gorgeous! But when I was young all Abys were ruddy and had stockier bodies, smaller ears and appleheads. They were starting to seriously change shape about 20 years ago. I bought my last one (unless you count the one I bought for my Dad 12 years ago) 17 years ago and she was lithe like the new ones but applehead.
One thing that doesn't seem to have changed is the personality-think Tigger from Winnie the Pooh! Really high energy. Abys are always in motion and play right into their old age. I do enjoy watching them!
I wasn't really looking for show quality cats-just wanted an ethical breeder, but I got both. The mum of these two is Gato Bay Kailash who won the TICA Northwest Region's Best Abyssinian Kitten Of The Year award last year. This is her first litter. Not sure if she'll be bred again.

diome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such beautiful cats! wub I've always loved the abyssinians and somalis. We were kind of planning of getting a somali - even visited a nice breeder from whom I would have gladly bought a kitten - but before we were ready to proceed with the plans, I started having weird breathing issues and was diagnosed with asthma.:(
VivianLee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beautiful! Congratulations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Scrapbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: