Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to add skills?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simscilla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: How to add skills? Reply with quote

I like my sims learning while doing, so I try to figure out how to add +cooking to stoves and +mechanical to broken sinks and showers. I found some tutorials, provided by c&c, SSoW, and Somesimthings, which deal with adding motives, but not with adding skills. Iff2 is still a bit intimidating, but the items I have changed work fine, so I want to do more.
Any help is appreciated! :)
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend reading Sphearow's Hacker's Handbook:
http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=9035&highlight=handbook
Simscilla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded that of course. :) He mentions it in there, but writes that he did not try it himself.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a stove with that feature, but I forget where it's from and I never had a copy. Perhaps is anyone can track it down you could deconstruct it?
Simscilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C&C are having a +cook stove, and I have "swapped" graphics as described in their tutorial. That worked fine, but that is not hacking.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was you could open their stove and look at it and see how they did it.
purplewowies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
What I meant was you could open their stove and look at it and see how they did it.

It looks like it's contained in BHAVs 4100 and 4101, but (if I wanted to do this) I'd have no idea how to do it myself. :P
Simscilla

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it confusing, too. Changing or adding lines makes me really, really nervous, and I read the tutorial over and over again - and that is a simple shower, with more hygiene, no puddles, no Shoo, no Dirt...
Adding "energy" gave me the feeling of doing something wild.
peter9g

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could look at the bookshelves as well to see how cooking and mechanical skills get raised by reading.

The bookshelf code that really changes the skill level is in BHAV 4109, Add Points, and it is a bit long (55 lines) but is you go through it line by line it is not too hard to understand, especially if you reorder the lines.

The cooking skill data that you want to change is
my person data Cooking Skill, which is Person Data field 10, and the data range can be 0 to 1000. For every 100 points your Sim gains, they will go up a level, and get a dialog box congratulating them.

Adding code lines is not dangerous so long as you make sure the Sim will not get trapped in your new code with no way out!

Hope this helps

Peter
Simscilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Now I will give this pretty stove a try, thank you all for answering!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: