Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gardening in Sims 3 (water/fishing video added)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Gardening in Sims 3 (water/fishing video added) Reply with quote

I've spent the last couple of days snowed in and trying to create the perfect Sims 3 Garden. Gardening in Sims 3 is much harder because you don't have a gardener to help your sim. The best that can happen is to have your sim upgrade the sprinklers so they auto-water. At this point, I've got my garden so perfect that it makes bags of money from harvestables (that the sims can either cook and eat, stomp into nectar or sell) but it takes her over 20 HOURS of non stop labour to tend the garden and that is on autowater! By the time she is done harvesting and weeding the plants she started with are ready to be harvested and weeded again.
I guess I'll have to give my dream garden to a family with lots of people to tend it or add another sim to act as gardener so she has time to make nectar. That was my original idea anyway.
The gaudy coloured trees to the right are money trees. If you ignore them, they explode into overdue bills. Treat them well and you can harvest money. Also flame fruit, life fruit, plasma fruit (for vampires) and death flowers that you can give to the grim reaper and distract him when he shows up at your door.
Love the view from this garden!
HOUSE SLIDE SHOW
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/Eradia/Sims%203%20garden/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited by 17mars on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That IS an incredible view! Almost makes me want to upgrade...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that is the nicest part about Sims three. The views are stunning and you can look at it from any angle or magnification.
Best of all, it is seamless. You can go for a walk or bike ride in the neighborhood, loiter around other people's houses, knock on their doors or simply go where you want.

In my own sim's case, she walks down to the beach and goes fishing from time to time. It's just outside the garden gate.
Atuhk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nothing short of spectacular. Does the water move,, like shimmer? *drools*
André

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Sims 3, I loved the variety of cultivated plants there are!
surprise
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,yes! The water shimmers and moves with gentle wave action. Mists swirl over the water and you can see schools of fish swimming in its translucent depths.
Go surf fishing and catch a salmon and your Sim can cook and eat it for dinner, sell it for a profit, put it in an aquarium for a pet or use it for fertilizer.
I'll try to take a video today so you can see the amazing graphics.

I definitely prefer Sims 3 for gameplay.
KarinL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous house, Mars! I enjoyed the pictures.

What I miss about gardening in Sims 3 is that all the plants look the same and all the vegetables grow on a vine, which is weird. (Especially for potatoes and carrots...)
I love how many foods there are in-game, but I sort of miss custom foods.

Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my sim fishing on the beach. It's a pity it isn't as clear as it is on the computer but it gives you an idea of what the quality of the water is like. The graphics are amazing. The water has a lot of layers and movement and a feeling of transparency and depth.
Right at the end of the video you can see the waves crashing on the distant rocks. Part way through, my sim snags a lobster. Sadly, she'll probably just use it as fertilizer because lobsters have high fertilizer value in the game.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/Eradia/?action=view&current=Video-64.mp4
Atuhk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mars wrote:
Here is my sim fishing on the beach. It's a pity it isn't as clear as it is on the computer but it gives you an idea of what the quality of the water is like. The graphics are amazing. The water has a lot of layers and movement and a feeling of transparency and depth.
Right at the end of the video you can see the waves crashing on the distant rocks. Part way through, my sim snags a lobster. Sadly, she'll probably just use it as fertilizer because lobsters have high fertilizer value in the game.

*watches video,, falls down!* *makes little pitiful gurgling sounds,,* notworthy notworthy notworthy
KarinL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you have a lot of cool videos! I loved the mummy fight. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atuhk wrote:
17mars wrote:

*watches video,, falls down!* *makes little pitiful gurgling sounds,,* notworthy notworthy notworthy

totally agree....

jfade's psycho drool drool jfade's psycho

Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful graphics! Did she put that lobster in her pocket? Wouldn't that be just a little...pinchy? laugh
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wondered about that too! lol!
What is really funny is watching them pull a giant fish out of the water, tuck it in their pocket then a couple days later pull it out and put it in an aquarium or better yet, goldfish bowl where it shrinks down to the correct size. If only fish really did that! I had a RL goldfish that grew from a feeder fish to an 11 inch giant.

I've really been on a S3 kick lately. I've now got a steampunk inventor who is trying to build a time machine. I understand that they can come back as ghosts or mummies through the time machine or change something significant about their lives by meddling with history.
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love gardening with Sims 3.

For a long time I played a Legacy family who were called, originally, Gardiners whistle

http://www.simechoes.org/sims3/stories/gardiner/part_2.html

That shows the farm at an early stage.

Sadly, of course, the game broke, or was broken. But I enjoyed that family a lot, and most of my Sims still get gardens, if at all possible, even if only a couple of apple trees.

It IS slow, but as they skill up it gets better; but then who said a farmer's life was easy? Also if they sell the produce through the Consignment Store instead of the greengrocers, they get more for it.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! (Fritz should have grown curtains with the omni plant!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: