Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ballgown for St Patrick's Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Seasonal Gifts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Ballgown for St Patrick's Day Reply with quote

It's been almost 2 years since I've had time to take preview pix and make zips for the skins I still doodle when I get a chance. The worst storm of the winter gave me a chance to stay home yesterday.

My own game desperately needed more things for Super Stars to wear, so I made these as High Fashion. And where else should a dress trimmed with green feathers be just right? laugh

I've also uploaded the Formal version, for those who don't have Super Star.

Happy upcoming St Patrick's Day, Simblesse Oblige!

Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely! Thanks, Bruja! clap
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Thanks!
Madoria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah - wonderful !!! Who made the mesh ?????

Thanks so much Bruja!

notworthy

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoria wrote:
Aaah - wonderful !!! Who made the mesh ?????

The mesh is Salvatore/AdamHnt/ I put both credit texts in the zip, but neither link leads to a live site. You can find the original at TSR, if you look for gowns by Cruella.

I knew that the packaging took longer than making the skins, but I was really shocked at how much time it took me to do all the previews, game testing, and double checking of the zip.

There are dozens of skins I'm using in my own games, made when I needed them for a theme. Some are good enough that I'd like to share them, but finding the time these days is almost a matter of getting a "snow day" (Canadian for "the weather is so bad that the school buses aren't running, so almost everybody gets all or part of a day without responsibilities).

simbeule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whow!! That's really great! I love those lightly different tones of green. Fantastic thumbsup thanks1
Simminagain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. biggrin
Gonewiththesim21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely
Madoria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh I know ! Zipping and adding code to the site takes a while...
but I like that too...
thanks for adding info here about the mesh!

For me it is also that at the moment I have loads of ideas and textures from Sims 2 that I wanna convert to Sims 1 skins instead!

and then I go to ColourLovers and find sooo many nice patterns I wanna use for walls and floors....

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoria wrote:
laugh I know ! Zipping and adding code to the site takes a while...
but I like that too...
thanks for adding info here about the mesh!

For me it is also that at the moment I have loads of ideas and textures from Sims 2 that I wanna convert to Sims 1 skins instead!

and then I go to ColourLovers and find sooo many nice patterns I wanna use for walls and floors....

I dare not go to Colour Lovers these days! I'm having trouble sneaking in the time I need to work at the huge backlog of completing all the skins I need for my theme games. Yesterday afternoon, I had an hour, so i worked toward a target of trying to assemble 60 regency dresses (not even formal, etc. Just enough to dress the Townies, etc.) And I hit one of those magic moments when all the hours of working to map the meshes and experiment with shading, suddenly allowed me to make 9 different variations on a skin. None are game tested yet, but I think some will make the cut.

The St Patrick's ball gown just happened while I was mapping that Salvatore mesh. And I liked it enough to do previews and zips. Serendipity, totally.

Whether I'll have time in this life to take any preview pix or make up zips, who knows? But at least I'm skinning again. For a couple of years, I produced nothing. (I have found a few rather nice walls and floors that I made during that period, but I have hardly any memory of working on them.)

Madoria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- your project of getting everything in place for your theme is huge !

I am not playing themes anymore... I create instead....but that is totally fun too so I dont mind at all.

I am on a mission to make new Skinny Male skins ... I also adding older skins to my Sweet Nothings Skins site as I go along.
So the site starts to look better now when there is more content.

JustDenise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful gown, Bruja! I love the way you did the subtle shading on the greens-I'm quite green myself...with envy!

And now thanks to you and Madoria, I've just discovered Colour Lovers! Am rifling through their patterns now!

"If you canna see the bright side, polish the dull side."
~The Old Men of Freya Crags
Madoria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh CL is addictive ! I am Madoria over there too....
http://www.colourlovers.com/lover/Madoria

http://www.colourlovers.com/lover/Ludi Ludi's

whistle

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm simbruja (bruja was not available when I joined, same as on several other large sites).

You can see where some of the luau challenge palettes and patterns came from.

http://www.colourlovers.com/lover/simbruja

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoria wrote:
Wow- your project of getting everything in place for your theme is huge !

I am not playing themes anymore... I create instead....but that is totally fun too so I dont mind at all.

Changes in RL made it difficult for me to devote time to creating. When I tried to get back to skinning, nothing at all worked for me, so I figured I should try "the cat sat on the mat" technique of breaking writer's block, which essentially means finding something simple and doing it over and over, without checking and checking for artistic perfection, until at last you realize that you have actually made something worthwhile. Last fall, I made hundreds and hundreds of heads, using the Maxis faces (hairless) from FaceLift Gold, modifying the hairlines, and playing with different textures from here and there for hair. Eventually, I found myself starting to play with eye colour, and lip shape, and adding earrings or hair ties needed by some nice meshes.

I had added a new tower computer, with lots of room for separate theme games, so I promised myself that when I had enough heads and bodies for a theme, I would use stripped fars, and populate the new game with nothing but theme appropriate skins. Many of the heads I made last fall work very well for regency (love those meshers!), so I'm inching in on my goal of enough skins to populate the regency theme.

Pushing quality over quantity seems to be helping me from drying up completely, and I can fit it into small bits of time. Of course, when I go to game test the skins, dozens go the the recycle bin as soon as I exit the game.

Madoria wrote:
I am on a mission to make new Skinny Male skins ... I also adding older skins to my Sweet Nothings Skins site as I go along.
So the site starts to look better now when there is more content.

Your sites always look good hug I find your talent just amazing. notworthy

When a skinner or an object maker or a hacker goes on a mission, wonderful things happen, and the whole community benefits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Seasonal Gifts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: