Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blame it on Downton Abbey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Blame it on Downton Abbey Reply with quote

I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD, and we watch about an hour an evening (our maximum daily tv tolerance; usually we can stand about 30 minutes). So there goes time I could have been doing something else.

Yesterday, I opened my file of in-process skins for b85rfa - and found that the Downton Abbey Edwardian costumes were smack in my mind's eye, making it almost impossible to visualize anything for regency other than the hackneyed white dress with puff sleeves and a ribbon under the bust. sad

Last edited by bruja on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you ought to put the Regency things aside and do Downton Abbey skins instead. I love that show! biggrin
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no! I absolutley cannot start a new theme. no

I don't have anywhere enough skins done for my magic theme, though I did start adding a lot more child skins lately, using the mesh we made for the kiddy costume door. smile

My space station is still waiting for me to zero in on the styles for body skins, though I do have a couple of hundred heads I'm testing.

My regency dress file has had so much base time put into it that I though I should get at least 20 dresses out of it this next week, then I was going to go back and get some adult male skins done, so that I could populate a new regency hood. But after the Downton effect on the female skins, I'm afraid even to look at the male skins. sad

DA is addictive, but I had no idea how much those costumes were clogging my mind.

laugh

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blush

DA1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.12 KB
 Viewed:  1085 Time(s)

DA1.jpg

Thalia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing I've learned, Bruja, it's don't fight the Muse.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's actually a bmp for b375fa, a mesh for a regency dress with a high white ruff. I was flipping idly through a SimPose, thinking about meshes for Edwardain dresses, and saw that combo.

The bmp definitely looks better on b375fafit.

regency ruff.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.49 KB
 Viewed:  1080 Time(s)

regency ruff.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: