Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It Serves Me Right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: It Serves Me Right Reply with quote

I'm horsing around on the computer right now trying to stay awake. I wish I wasn't such a night owl. Last night I watched pretty much the entire Turner Classic Movies tribute to Andy Griffith--8 hours of his movies. First was A Face in the Crowd, which I saw about 20 years ago but forgot about, then No Time for Sargeants (Not my favorite. This was the first time I ever made it through the whole thing), then Hearts of the West (A snoozer. Slept through half of it, but in all fairness, it was midnight by then). As is typical of me, I sprang to life around 1:30 a.m. or so, and watched Onionhead (A box-office bomb, but I sort of liked it. I imagine it was quite "racy" in it's day). I went to bed about 4:30 a.m. Some robins had already started their morning chirping & annoyed me.

Now my problem is that I have a carpenter doing some work in my house today, so I can't do any napping. I wish the rest of the world shared my circadian rhythm... rolleyes

bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn, n. The time when men of reason go to bed.
-- Ambrose Bierce

Last edited by bluesage on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had never seen A Face in the Crowd. It rang too true. I like the clean honest funny AG. I'll have to look out for Onionhead.
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-- Ambrose Bierce

I will have to tell that one to my friend Paul who harrasses me about getting up at the crack of noon.

Quote:
I wish I had never seen A Face in the Crowd. It rang too true. I like the clean honest funny AG.

I read that in one of his last interviews, AG was asked which of his characters he most closely resembled. He said he was a cross between the grouchy diner owner in "Waitress" and Lonesome Rhodes in A Face in the Crowd. That sort of makes you wonder about him, doesn't it?

I wanted to marry him when I was in 3rd grade, but apparently at some point I got over it! Then I read that his last wife is the same age as me (30 years younger than him). I guess it wasn't such a wacky idea after all. Oh, well, that's his loss. biggrin

Oreocreme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-- Ambrose Bierce

I will have to tell that one to my friend Paul who harrasses me about getting up at the crack of noon.

Quote:
I wish I had never seen A Face in the Crowd. It rang too true. I like the clean honest funny AG.

I read that in one of his last interviews, AG was asked which of his characters he most closely resembled. He said he was a cross between the grouchy diner owner in "Waitress" and Lonesome Rhodes in A Face in the Crowd. That sort of makes you wonder about him, doesn't it?

I wanted to marry him when I was in 3rd grade, but apparently at some point I got over it! Then I read that his last wife is the same age as me (30 years younger than him). I guess it wasn't such a wacky idea after all. Oh, well, that's his loss. biggrin

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreocreme wrote:

He played Lonesome Rhodes so convincingly it really made you wonder. Either he liked that character A LOT or there was a bit of that character in him. Now that I know he said that it does make me wonder.
bluesage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/no_time_for_sergeants/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: